Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Woman I would like to marry

Every human being is created with a strong desire to involve in a relationship where love is received and given. Thus, each person longs for meeting a special mate who is able to fill him or her with lasting bliss. However, the choice of a future partner is not an easy matter, for it calls for wisdom, patience, and confidence to God. By the way, as every single person, I dream of finding someone to share my life with. Knowing beforehand, the responsibilities that will be laid upon me when I marry a woman, I am willing to choose a person regarding her inner qualities. All the character traits I need in my future wife are summarized in this great quality: the fear of God. All of the other qualities will be reliant upon it. Why do I give the fear of God, priority on all? It is because I need a wise wife, for the Bible said that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge i.e. wisdom (proverbs 1:7). Because my wife will be wise, additionally, she will be virtuous. Thus, my heart will safely trust her. Furthermore, she will not be quarrelsome; on the contrary, kind words will always proceed from her mouth.
Apart from her inner qualities, I would like my future wife to be attractive. By attractiveness, I mean, even she becomes mother, she must be always well-groomed. In this case, she will arouse my desire to be close to her. In addition to this, she must be conscious of her responsibilities as mother. The success of her children’s education must constitute her main goal. So, if it is necessary, she must be ready to sacrifice everything to the education of our offspring. Above all, I expect my future partner to be someone who devotes her life for a right cause.
In short, finding a trustworthy woman to share my existence, is a big challenge for me. There are so many pitfalls in marriage today, that I feel perplexed to engage myself with a young lady. Despite of the large amount of broken marriages throughout the world, marrying someone is a worthwhile choice. Therefore, help me pray so that I may find a suitable partner. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I agree with much of what you said. I also believe that what you stated as the most important attribute, is the same for me as well.
    God Bless you on your search.

    ReplyDelete